A.H. Beard have been setting the standard for quality bedding for over 100 hundred years, however, in the unlikely event that a product fails to meet our high standards, A.H. Beard offers a guarantee to the original purchaser to repair the product against faulty workmanship and materials for the period of ten years. To be able to make a claim under any of the guarantees you must keep your original proof of purchase receipt. Rights under the Australian Consumer Law The benefits given by the guarantee set out in this document are in addition to any other rights and remedies you may have under a law in relation to the goods to which the guarantee relates.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Rights under this guarantee
A.H. Beard gives to the original purchaser a 10 year guarantee on this product against defects in workmanship and materials. If during the period of 10 years from the date of your purchase of this product, a defect caused by faulty workmanship or materials appears, A.H. Beard will repair your mattress or base within a reasonable time after receiving your valid guarantee claim. If the defect appears within the first year of the guarantee period, A.H. Beard will also pay all transportation costs, or reimburse such costs incurred by you where they were authorised by A.H. Beard, in relation to the repair of the base or mattress. If the defect appears after the first year of the guarantee period you will be responsible for paying all transportation costs. If identical materials are not available at the time A.H. Beard repairs your mattress or base under this guarantee, A.H. Beard reserves the right to substitute materials of comparable quality.
How to claim under your Guarantee
To be entitled to make a claim under your guarantee you must notify us of the defect within 30 days after it has appeared. You must • Provide us with your full name and address and details of the defect; and • Provide us with your original proof of purchase receipt.You can notify us of the defect and make a claim by contacting A.H. Beard by telephone on 1300 654 000, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write a letter to A.H. Beard PO Box 41 Padstow NSW 2211.
How to claim your costs if you are entitled to claim them
Unless otherwise stated in this document you will bear the cost of claiming under this guarantee. If you are entitled to claim labour or transportation costs, approved by A.H. Beard before they were incurred, and which directly relate to the repair of the mattress or base, please send your receipt as proof of payment of these costs to A.H. Beard Pty Limited, PO Box 41 Padstow NSW 2211 and A.H. Beard will reimburse you the costs incurred.
All mattresses will exhibit body signatures as the mattress upholstery conforms to the body to provide cushioning and comfort. This is not a defect covered by this guarantee. Body signatures up to 40mm on a pillow top mattress and up to 25mm on a nonpillow top mattress is considered a normal occurrence. Rotating the mattress periodically will help equalise wear and tear.
Bases are provided to offer the best possible support for your mattress in order to prolong its life and ensure the most enjoyable sleep experience. A.H. Beard mattresses can be used on suitable slat bases whereby slats are no more than 10cm apart and have a centre support rail. Flexible (convex arching) slats can lose their resiliency over time becoming concave and should be rotated from high load areas (centre) with low load areas (head/foot) and replaced regularly. Solid Panel bases must have holes to allow adequate air circulation and moisture transfer.
This guarantee does not cover:
• A mattress or base that is not to your comfort preference i.e. too hard or too soft;
• A mattress or base that, on inspection by A.H. Beard is found to be stained or in an unsanitary condition;
• Bent or broken castors or legs, loose T-nuts inside the base, caused by castor legs not having been kept sufficiently tight or other broken fittings caused by poor maintenance;
• Mattress damage caused by the mattress being on a slat base where the slats are more than 10cm apart; • Mattress damage caused by defective timber or metal slats;
• Mattress damage caused by a base system that does not give even support;
• Mattress damage caused by a base system that does not provide adequate support in the centre;
• Normal wear and tear, or damage caused by mishandling, abuse, misuse or negligence including folding, bending, standing on or jumping on the mattress or base Except as expressly stated, this guarantee does not include any right to be reimbursed or compensated for physical or financial injury, loss, damage, expense, time or inconvenience (whether direct or indirect) arising out of the occurrence of the defect in the mattress or base or your inability to use the mattress or base. Any use of this product other than the use for which it was originally intended is not the responsibility of A.H. Beard.
Suggestions on the care and protection of your new A.H. Beard product
Turn your A.H. Beard mattress every month end to end and side to side. This will even out the slight body impressions that develop as the upholstery settles. A mattress protector should be used to avoid soiling. Remove and destroy plastic bag. Do not use an old base with your new mattress. The two parts of your sleep set work together for your comfort and support. Ensure that castors are screwed in tightly and checked each year.
Warning Do not lift by yourself as you may injure your back.